Technicolor Day

Friday, November 5

Dreams

Had a couple strange dreams last night. One was very vivid, I was hitting the snooze button (again) and I could clearly see the time, which is impossible without my glasses. And when I did get up, it was earlier than the time in my dream.
The other dream was pretty big, I don't remember all of it, but I know there was more to it. It was a big fantasy adventure story. Part LOTR, part Time Bandits, maybe a little Narnia in there, too. The part I do remember, was the 5-7 characters were looking for the portal into the magical realm, and figuring out who would go through first. They drew straws, and found the door to the other world in the toilet. Literally. They put some magic junk into the bowl, the water turned funky colors, and they were supposed to jump in. Luckily, I didn't have the short straw, and woke up before I personally had to jump in.
When I woke up, my first thought was that it may be an idea for my NNwM novel. But then I realized, it is my take on the current state of our union.
Blah.
PS, I do not consider this to be a political blog, really, but trying times...
Anyway, if you want to read some good political rants, check out
Just Cheap Dirt.

3 comment(s):

Well, at least you woke up before you had to jump in. Thanks for the plug.

I'm not ready to start working again on the novel yet, but everytime I think of it, it get's a little darker, a little more of a dark comedy.

What if all the characters die midway through, do I hit a reset button?

By Blogger Bryan, at 1:06 PM  

Well, at least you woke up before you had to jump in.Yeah, not like in real life, where we were shoved into the sespool.
A dark comedy sounds good. Do you mean set the reset button on the counter or the characters? ;p You could always write two smaller stories that still add up to 50,000 words.

By Blogger Unknown, at 8:52 AM  

Reset on the characters, maybe then follow an extremely minor character.

By Blogger Bryan, at 11:41 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home