Technicolor Day

Wednesday, October 27

Connections

On the writing (NaNoWriMo) front, I notice that some folks are making a seperate blog for their novel, and I know a few others are putting it on the web, not necessarily in blog form, but I have decided not to do that. Two reasons: I figure most people who are doing NNwM will be too busy writing to read, plus, I'm going for the total ART for ART's sake plan. I may never show my novel to anyone. We'll just have to wait and see.
I do want to share my idea process a little. The first thing that came to me in very, very general fashion, was 'connections'. The connections between us all. How my parents can go to any state and bump into someone they know, or knows someone they know. How you feel an instant connection with someone you just met, and then later realize she went to school with your auntie, or had your dad as her math teacher, or her mom was the secretary of your Jr. High School. Or you never find out why you feel that strange 'didn't we meet before' feeling. How you would meet someone because you were supposed to meet them, despite which road you took on your life path.
The weekend before I got sick, one of the movies we watched was Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, and I'm glad I saw it, because I think my idea was heading kind of in that direction. How even though their memories were erased, they still got together, and the girl still fell in love with her boss. (Spoiler, highlight to read.) They were connected, no matter what they did.
So my story is headed a little bit differently. My story is about a woman who can 'see' the connections between people, and what those connections mean. I imagine the world looks to her like a giant, colorful spiderweb.
More as the idea grows.

2 comment(s):

definitely an interesting concept...

...I am going to do the separate pages thing, because I have no intention of this being something I am going to seek to have published in any other way.

I had thought of putting it on blogger, but because of how blogger is set up it would always be backwards. so I am probably going to be avoiding that.

Deeper as to the *why* however is that despite the fact that I can write 1700 words in about an hour and a half a day pretty easily, I want to kind of paint myself into a corner a little. Most of my friends are *not* doing NaNoWriMo... so they might actually have time to read and hold me accountable...

(plus I want to be able to give regular readers of my blog someting to read during that time... wouldn't want to give them Algor withdrawal...)

BTW... the Nebraska Laison for NaNoWriMo is doing meets on Tuesday evenings from 7-8pm, and Wednesdays over the lunch hour from 11:30-12:30 down at the Mill in the Haymarket... you are encouraged to attend if you are comfortable doing so...

By Blogger Algor Langeaux, at 5:37 AM  

Well, I could wear my comfortable shoes.

By Blogger Unknown, at 9:31 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home