Technicolor Day

Sunday, October 24

What day is it?

Sheesh.
I've lost a whole week. I knew it was coming, I'd had a sore throat for a few weeks, but nothing too bad. But you know when you really let yourself relax, and then the germs finally hit you? Yeah, that's what happened.
Super Wonderful Relaxing Weekend (tm) last weekend, so sure enough, I got the flu last week.
Monday started out ok, worked with sniffles and backache (thought the back pain was just leftover from the weekend), but by the afternoon, I knew I was sick. I stayed the whole day (partly just to bug the germ-phobic office mate) but woke up in complete sick mode. Tuesday, barely asleep from my TheraFlu, got a call from school, kid #2 was coughing so much he couldn't stay in class. So I figured, as long as I was sick, shouldn't he just come home too. We both stayed home Wednesday, while kid #1 offered to stay home and take care of us. I thought I was better by Wednesday night, so I went back to work Thursday. That was a mistake. Our office is usually hot, but not sweat-while-just-sitting hot, and not put-your-coat-on cold, either, so I knew I needed to go back to bed, and not in a good way. Needless to say, I didn't work Friday, either. Good thing I get great sick leave.
This weekend, I've delivered and picked up the kids, without actually going anywhere with them, spent all my energy doing a tiny store trip, and tried to get a couple chores done, but boy, am I spent. I don't think I'm contagious anymore. I don't think I'm feverish anymore. Although, writing a whole post detailing my sick week, and actually thinking anyone would be interested in reading it, might show that my brain is still out of whack.
;p

2 comment(s):

we care hon...
...and we read...

(and we can bring hot and sour soup over on the way to poetry tonight if you like... just say the word)

::This message brought to you by the wonderful Voices In Algor's Head*::.

By Blogger Algor Langeaux, at 8:40 AM  

Thanks for the offer, um, 'Voices', but I'm better now. Now the biggest issue I'm facing this week is catching up on all the projects and chores I didn't get done last week!

By Blogger Unknown, at 11:31 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home