Technicolor Day

Friday, November 5

A dollar's worth of inspiration

My new favorite Russ's store is the one out on West A. It's just as close as the big south store, and has the gas station, plus it has lots of good stores next to and on the way to it.
So, in addition to a good weekendful of groceries, I picked up a game, a couple paperbacks, a brand new purse, (all at the Goodwill) and a dollar's worth of inspiration at Joe Dollar. (everybody drink.)

I found these cute-but-cheap-looking glass mini lamps, that hold a tea light candle. I saw potential. My first thought was that I didn't have anywhere to put it when it was done, so I decided I'll make it a Christmas present for my mom. (I don't think she reads the blog very often, if at all, so I should be safe posting about it.)
The plan as it stands right now, is that I'm going to make a bead netting around both the shade and base (seperately) with dangles. The other part of the plan is that I will take pix and post a kind of step-by-step of this project. So check out the gallery.
Update: I have put the first pix into the gallery, here's a direct link to the album.

2 comment(s):

Thanks for stopping.
I'm still working on the pix right this minute. I'll put a direct link up in a minute.
I love your pin-ups on your blog!

By Blogger Unknown, at 4:18 PM  

I came upon your blog randomly and just wanted to say YES!! That Russ's on West A ROCKS!! At the goodwill there I spent 26 bucks and got a whole new wardrobe of fashionable clothing. -Julie

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:54 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home