Technicolor Day

Saturday, January 29

Compulsing the weekend away

I've spent most of the day working on my new template.
I really hate when something seems like it should have an easy way, but I can't figure it out, so I have to do it the hard way. But I can't let it go until I've got it finished.
First, the free template wouldn't download right, I don't know what the issue was. But the site had a preview of each template as well as the download, so I figured I could just use the 'view sorce' data and paste it in. That was fine, for the most part, but the preview was just a mock-up, so I had to replace all the fake information with my Blogger information. (I do need to add that Blogger had some good help about their tags, and what means what)
Plus, I was having trouble with the drawing program I was using (and the stupid double-clicky mouse), and I had to re-do the basic design five freaking times before I got it right.
So now, I'm super excited about how well it's looking. And here's a tip to anyone playing with making a new Blogger template: Make a new blog just for testing. You can make all your changes there and then copy the finished template into your regular blog. I've got it almost ready, then I'll add some of my links there on the test page before moving it over.
We're counting down to the big reveal!!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home