Technicolor Day

Monday, January 10

Michelle Needlehands

Watching Edward Scissorhands with the kids, and surfing Blog Explosion yesterday afternoon, somewhere around landing upon this blog, I remembered the scarf I had been trying to crochet in my teaching-myself-to-crochet project. And I remembered something else fantastic: I already know how to knit. I could just knit the scarf. Why was I all about having to learn to crochet anyway? (I think it's that tempting beading crocheting which would take years of crocheting practice to get good enough to try) Maybe we'll try that another time, but as far as getting my hands into the yarn and actually making something, knitting is the thing.
I realized I did need to remind myself how to cast on, and I found this animated teaching tool, and all was well to start.
I'm not completely sure if I'm 'knitting' or 'perling' but I'm doing it, and the stitches are basically even. I may have a scarf before the snow melts. But that's more a reflection on how long the snow will last than it is on my knitting skills. ;p

1 comment(s):

hey ! thanks for the note :) I hope you'll post pics of your finished piece as well!

By Blogger Laura, at 11:23 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home