Technicolor Day

Monday, June 13

Murphey's Monday and a Brand New Bag (Idea)

Definitely didn't want to go to work today. The G and I are on are on opposite schedules, which for the most part, we make the best of, but Monday morning I feel gypped. That plus the depressing feeling of is this the right job, is this the right work theory (*more on that later). Get to work, Chatty Cathy is still on 'leave' and Beauty is late, and Boss-Lady is there, but too busy to help much with the phone, so I'm stuck alone for the first 45 minutes. And all day, every time I was alone at the desk, every line lit up!
"Hold please" "Hold please" "Hold please" "Hold please" "Thanks for holding, how can I direct your call?" "Thanks for holding, how can I direct your call?" "Thanks for holding, how can I direct your call?" "Thanks for holding, how can I direct your call?"
After lunch I did feel better, reminding myself that even a little depressed was better than over stressed, egg-shell walking, back-watching, not knowing if I should expect dr. jeckly or mr. hyde from coworker. I don't mind all the lines lit up at the same time, actually. I can handle it, and it gives me a sense of accomplishment when they're all sent to their proper places.
And at afternoon break, got the idea of making a bag for work, a 'break bag' is what I'm naming it. Here's the 411: I got a new beading magazine at Barnes and Noble the last week (thanks honey), and carried it to work in the bag it came in. And a few days later brought a couple tins of beading supplies for the project I'm working on at work. But every day, twice a day, the crinklieness of the bag bugs me. So I decided to make a very simple bag, almost grocery bag style, just for carrying a magazine or two, and a project or two to work with me.
And being the kind of person who wants to start the project immediately, I decided I'd make the bag out of something(s) I already had at home. Maybe old t-shirts. But that would be too stretchy. When I got home I found a nice cotton button up shirt that I love the color, but don't love the shirt (I'm not much for button ups), so I got to seam rippin' while Deadwood dump-watchin'. I'm picturing a couple ways it could go.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home