Technicolor Day

Sunday, March 13

Freecycling and Flying

I signed up a little while ago for the local Freecycling Yahoo! Group, after my auntie had told me about Freecycling. The concept is finding a new home for the things you don't want/need anymore. And maybe find something that you need that some one else doesn't want/need anymore. Since I've been trying to simplify, and get rid of stuff, and using some of the FlyLady ideas to get rid of clutter, I thought the Freecycling might be a good alternative to just taking stuff to the thrift store. That's still a good plan for a lot of stuff, but sometimes I'd rather know that my leftover junk is going to a good home.
But I'm not sure if I'm organized enough to be posting things to give away on the Freecycling. Or if I want strangers stopping at my house to pick things up. Or what if they get here, and decided they don't want what I was offering after all? So, I haven't tried the Freecycling yet. Anybody tried it?
And I'm wondering if offering some things here on the blog would be a good idea. I wonder if anyone's noticed in my Gallery that I have a for sale or trade section. Maybe I need to be more clear in the gallery description. Or maybe I need to put things up that people actually want.
Any ideas???

2 comment(s):

I tried joining Freecycle in my area and the moderator never got around to approving my request to join the group, so I couldn't. My excess stuff still goes to my local thrift store.

By Blogger Moonwishes, at 12:41 AM  

I freecycle in Georgia.
I also run our local list.
It's a wonderul organization.
You can arrange to meet people elsewhere to pick up items.
Or have a male friend at your home when someone comes to pick up.
There are ways around that fear of the giving moment.


For the person that had no moderator approve her request.
try again, the post may have been lost.
If still no reply comes, post the complaint to freecycle.org

Give it a try.
It's a great way to receive items as well as offer them.

Freecycle Ringgold Moderator
Annie B

By Blogger author, at 9:08 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home