Technicolor Day

Monday, February 14

I just changed a tire in my jammies

I had been trying to ward off getting sick for a few weeks. But we were all passing around the 'bug' at work, people were out for a week or more sometimes. My office partner was out for a week and a half, and I had to hold down the fort without her. She made it back last Monday, and I stayed working until Thursday mid-day. Slept all day Friday, and most of Saturday and Sunday. I'm starting to feel better, but one more day of sleep.
So this morning, I slip my jeans on overtop my jammies to drive the kids to school. Then I'll just compute a bit while drinking my thera-flu junk, and then go back to bed. But NO... a block and a half from my house, I hear something. Sh*t, I know that sound. I turned off the heater to hear it better, and had shotgun kid peek out, sure enough, flat tire. So the kids walked from there, probably ended up being a tad late, I pulled around the corner and put on the donut. I don't know how I managed it, I'm so tired, sore, and weak. Now I'm completely wiped out.
I hope my little brother stops to check his taxes on-line, then he can go get my tire repaired for me.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home