Technicolor Day

Wednesday, December 15

Secret Santa

Our Secret Santa reveal day and monthly Food Day was today at work. The Star Trek magnetic poetry went over well, I stuck into my recipient's office while he was gone to a meeting, and put the magnets all over his file cabinet. I made extra magnets to say "To Bob, Star Trek Magnetic Poetry From Santa", and put that part at the top. The funniest part, is I wasn't actually thinking poetry like rhyming words, so when a co-worker suggested I write a little poem with the magnets, too, I didn't really have a lot of rhyming words to go with. The concept to me, I guess, is more phrases and prose, not jack-n-jill rhymes.
That, and the other purchased gifts went over great. And he didn't figure out it was me until I'm standing over him, telling him to open his final gift: a (cheap) radio controlled truck that looks just like his, and I made a license plate with his vanity lingo on it, and stuck it to the back end.
The anticipation is the most fun part. And the challenge of finding things your recipient will really like.
Since we had Food Day on our revealing day, I thought I'd also make my pot-luck contribution be something my SS recipient would like, in this case, spicey, spicey, spicey!
So I made these, half regular, half with metric*butt*tons of hot sauce mixed into the cheese. I brought the extra cheese with for dipping, nice and spicey.
PS, the commercials that told me to 'check our website for recipes' definately worked. I'm a drone. ;p

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home