Technicolor Day

Sunday, October 3

Computer Junk

Now that the site's back from being AWOL, I'm working on updates. I thought something was very wrong with the Gallery, things seemed to be missing, but turns out there were just 'orphans' that I had to clean up. Here's a few new shots: My Workspace Currently, Fall Flowers, my two boys, My Collage, a Necklace I made years ago, found in the jewelry box, and a gourd stitch (peyote) pattern, more of those to come I'm sure.
A couple other notes on all things computer-related:
*When MyWay started, they said they were going to expand quite a bit, while still keeping the spam away. They were even going to work up a messenger, and groups, and other 'Yahoo!-y' kinds of things. I was tired of all the spam with Yahoo! so I started using MyWay mostly. Well, that's been a couple years, and no extra features to speak of. They did give us more storage space, but Yahoo! did, too, and Yahoo! is updating their whole look and feel, and the MyWay spam filters aren't working so well as they first did. I still have a Yahoo! account, and just use both, but if MyWay doesn't add more features, I'll be using it less, and Yahoo! more again.
*We switched to NetZero for cheap dial-up provider. I used the Bluelight $10 dial-up for a few years, until it was pointed out to me that Wal*Mart's was a little more reliable. As my kids get older and more politically active, I'll try to support them as much as I can. I mean, my folks still tease me about not eating Burger King because they didn't recycle or they had South American beef or something. So when my 13 year-old took a stand against Wal*Mart, I said I'd do what I can to help. So we're now on NetZero, and it seems fine. I also tried People PC earlier this summer, didn't care for that one much.
*And I know everyone knows this, but it bears repeating again and again, and make sure all the kids hear it too: Don't ever, EVER, attempt to open an attachment from some random e-mail address that you don't know. Not even to 'just find out what will happen' because what will happen is that your computer could get completely fricked up!
End Rant.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home