Technicolor Day

Tuesday, September 28

A rose by any other name...

I actually got called Pollyanna today at work. Was that an insult or a compliment?

5 comment(s):

I think it would depend on who said it...

...probably intended as an insult...

By Blogger Algor Langeaux, at 6:11 PM  

Were you wearing pigtails and a nice red and white tablecloth plaid sundress?
If so, the name may have just been descriptive.

If it was from a guy, I'd say it was dismissive. That's a dismissive thing for a guy to say.

We need more description to decide.

By Blogger Bryan, at 8:37 PM  

It definately does depend on who said it, and the context.
In this case, I believe it was meant as a compliment. (But I'm still not sure if that's how I want to take it.)
And no, mr. smarty-pants, I wasn't wearing pig-tails and a table-cloth dress, I was at work!
Next question, I guess, is why are you guys so pesimistic?

By Blogger Unknown, at 5:44 PM  

"And no, mr. smarty-pants, I wasn't wearing pig-tails and a table-cloth dress, I was at work!"


...but that'd be so cute!

By Blogger Bryan, at 6:59 PM  

as to any pessimism, I would merely note that the term generally is applied with pejorative intent... the person that would end up somehow in hell, and when asked "dang its hot down here" would reply something along the lines of "yeah, but it's a dry heat" or "its really good for my pores" which basically makes folks pretty pissed off at them and leaves them thinking that they *have* to see the good side to everything even if it is entirely their delusion...

again... nothing wrong with being an optomist... just that the term is generally applied with pejorative intent (in my observation)

By Blogger Algor Langeaux, at 3:12 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home