Technicolor Day

Saturday, October 25

Never Talk to Strangers
I'm usually not one of those people who start conversations with complete strangers in the check out line. I'm just not. (I guess I'm a little shy.) But for good reason, as illustrated by this story of my failed attempt at doing just that.
This week, I ran to the store to pick up just a couple things, didn't even get a basket. I'm in the check out line, and the couple behind me are chatting about the headlines on the tabloids. I thought perhaps to make friendly, and shared a comment that should have proved to further enlighten them on the subject. (OK, they were talking about why the tiger attacked Roy, and I volunteered the part about how the hair-do lady had tried to pet the tiger) They made some reply, looked at each other, whispered something, and PROMPTLY MOVED TO ANOTHER LANE!
I can only imagine what they said, "let's get away from this crazy blonde" or "I can't believe she'd actually talk to us" or "she knows way too much about tiger petting!"
I will never talk to someone in the check out lane again!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home