Technicolor Day

Thursday, October 10

Thursday Bit O' Beauty
Surfing yesterday took me to some castle, which reminded me of my trip to Europe with my college choir. (OMGosh, that was 18 1/2 years ago.) We went to Amsterdam, France, and Switzerland, and had a pretty stone-set schedule of tourism, but it was wonderful. I remember so many wonderful, inspiring, beautiful things from that trip (and good European beer, of course), so I hunted for a web pix of one of my favorite stops, the Garden of Versailles.
It amazes me now to think that I saw this and this in person. (thanks to someone else's vacation photos, sometime, I'll have to dig out and scan in my own)
I will probably never see those in person again, but I can see this one with just a short car trip, this is just around the corner, and I see this everyday (ok, I know it's a bit phallic-but still cool looking).
Point:
Go where ever you can, across the ocean, or across the street, beauty and inspiration is everywhere. And these are just some man-made things, natural beauty is even more abundant.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home