Technicolor Day

Wednesday, October 9

I am starting to hate ME
When I got my new PC, summer of 2000, it arrived with Windows 2000 installed, and since I ordered it at exactly the right moment, I would soon receive a disc of Millennium Edition. At the time, I was thrilled.
When the disc arrived, on an otherwise downer of a day, I even danced around a little bit. I installed it right away, and have been using it ever since.
Like any computer, the hard drive has been getting full, and therefore slowing down, and now I'm down to the preverbal crawl. So last week, I'm trying to run scan disc and defrag and stuff, and I can't even get the defrag to work!
Call the (work) help desk: best bet is to get that ME off of there! OK, no problem, I've got all the necessary discs. But the 2000 backup disc says "Warning, all files will be lost" Yikes! So all of my free time last weekend, (and I took Monday off since the kids didn't have school) I worked on getting all the files off that I didn't have back-ups of. This is mostly all my artwork! Can't lose that!! (and, of course, some RCT games that I hope will load back in so I don't have to start from scratch). And I'm not done yet. I hope this is going to be worth all the effort!
Note to Self:
save computer artwork onto disc when finished!!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home