Technicolor Day

Thursday, December 5

Painting with Coffee Part Un
This morning's Bit O' Beauty has me inspired. I'm going to try painting with coffee. First, my brain goes off on a roll...if coffee works, so would teas, and there are lots of different kinds of teas, so there would be lots of different colors. And you could probably paint with all sorts of fruit and veggie juices, hmmm. You know, I really love that guy who paints with 'shocolates'. Food-art, Art-food???
OK, OK. One thing at a time.
So anyway, I'm going to experiment with painting with coffee. First thing, I decided, is to get some containers ready to hold the different strengths/colors. I like to buy some foods in small jars sometimes, just for the jars. Usually, I want to buy the largest container of any given food product, to save money, but sometimes you just gotta buy the cute little jar. I cleaned out, or rather am in the process of cleaning out three small jars after dumping not-so-fresh-anymore food products out. I'm soaking them, and I'll probably add some bleach, or my coffee painting will smell like garlic, oregano, and 'fiesta' jalapeno peppers.
Maybe the next painting will incorporate smells. Hmmmm.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home