Technicolor Day

Wednesday, December 11

Dial-Up from a Mart
When I gave my computer a labotomy the other day, I wiped out my dial-up software along with everything else. I have been using Bluelight from K-Mart since it was free, a year and a half or so? Something like that. Yes, I tried more expensive dial-ups, I had a free year of AOL when I bought my computer, that's when Bluelight was free, so I usually used that anyway. I reciently tried Earthlink, when the Star Trek.net came out. When I canceled that my reason was, having Majel's voice announce that I had mail wasn't worth a whole extra ten bucks a month, which was all I saw as the benifits over Bluelight.
So when my computer was blank, I needed to put something back on. I thought I had a back-up disc for Bluelight, but it was too old. I did pick up a Wal*Mart Connect disc a while back, for 'justin case', so I tried it, with it's free month. It's sponcered by AOL, so that should tell you something right there. I hated it. I found the Bluelight website and downloaded the software and uninstalled the Connect that same night.
Just an FYI for anyone who uses the 'budget' dial-ups by choice (around $10), I've seen the old Juno one and that didn't impress me, I have to admit I haven't seen the DZnet combo yet. But comparing Mart to Mart, shopping I'd definately pick the Wal, but for budget dail-up, it's gotta be the K.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home