Technicolor Day

Wednesday, August 11

Beads, Beads the magical fruit

Debra asked "What all do you do with your beads?"
Collect them, mostly.
;P
And by that I mean that I have acquired many beads because they called to me. Called to me that I should have them, but not telling me (yet) what they want done with them.
It's amazing, I'll keep a bead or set of beads for several years, and out-of-the-blue there will be the perfect use for them.
But other things I do with beads include (but are not limited to); stretchy bracelets, earrings, necklaces, and bead-weaving in the gourd stitch (commonly called the peyote stitch). Plus, making my own poly-clay beads.
And because I really, really, hate when I say 'pictures coming later' or some such crap, here's a picture of a necklace I made for myself a while back. It's furnace glass beads, the larger circle one is loose on the necklace. There are two strands of clear matte beads and silver bugles, and theoretically, you could wear the necklace backwards, with the loose circle just dangling on the two strands.
This piece has matching earrings which are just the plain furnace glass.

2 comment(s):

Now you're going to give me more ideas...lol. http://www.bacardidesigns.com on the beadwork page has a few of my recent creations, but I still haven't gotten around to doing a multi-strand necklace. I like how they look, but my luck I'd have a fit of being perfect and never get the lengths right to satify me. *rolls eyes at self* I've also been doing a lot of little brick stitch (or Cheyenne) little charms lately.. not sure what to do with them.

By Blogger Debs - debslosingit.com, at 3:35 AM  

Oh, love your stuff. I want a Venus!
I know what you mean about perfectionism, I have to fight it too. I tried a few multi-strand necklaces several years ago, and almost drove myself crazy. I went so far once as to count each and every seed bead on about 9 strands.
This necklace was only two strands, and I used two needles and threads. Still kinda tricky, but I like how it turned out.

By Blogger Unknown, at 12:19 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home