Technicolor Day

Wednesday, August 4

Pay Day

So today's pay day, and I'm feeling like my budget is closer to 'in line' than 'out of control' now, so I treated the kids to Popeyes for supper, then ran off to Hobby Lobby to pick up those on sale patterns.
I was very diciplined at HL, and only spent $10. OK, it was $10.11, but close enough. I bought two hat patterns, which was what I went for, browsed the fabric, and of course, bought a few beads.
I'm looking for earring inspiration, but didn't find any. I only bought the beads that I really loved, and they are started on a project already.
But the funniest thing tonight was part of the adventure. I had to get to HL in a round about way because of different road construction projects, and I'm going up a road I don't normally travel, so seeing new things. I drive past a house that has a 'sold' sign, a class C-type camper for sale, and a portable basketball hoop, also for sale. (is 'portable' the right word?) Anyway, I've looked into getting one of these for my boys, I know the price can range from $75 or so up to at least $150, and as I drive by, I see the sign says FOR SALE $25. Cool, I'm thinking. I can afford that! I can't take it home right now in this car, but I could ask my friend to pick it up in his painting van, he'd do that. I don't have the cash on me, but I could offer a check, or offer to go to an ATM to get the cash.
So yup, I turned the car around and pulled up in their driveway. Something told me to double check the sign before ringing their bell. I go to check, and the notebook page that was the 'for sale' sign was kinda wrapped around the pole, and it actually read FOR SALE $125. Whoops. I got right back in my car and headed out.
There were two adorible little girls at the glass screen door as I started to pull away. They had heard the car and come to see what was up. I waved, and they seemed dissapointed that I wasn't coming to the door. Oh, well.

2 comment(s):

Woohoo! A fellow beady person!

What all do you do with your beads, besides working your way our of the rearring rut? ;)

I'm adding you to my links list too, for my next template update. Good writing- very easy and comfortable to read.

By Blogger Debs - debslosingit.com, at 4:31 AM  

Glad you stopped by, I added you to my BlogRoll.

By Blogger Unknown, at 7:43 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home