Technicolor Day

Friday, January 9

Resolutions
I don't really do New Year's Resolutions, I think they tend to set us up to fail. You wanna do something to change your life? You don't need any special day to do it.
That being said, I do have two pseudo resolutions.
A) I heard somebody on a talk show a while back, I don't remember who it was, and it was no where near New Year's, but the host was asking them about their odd resolutions. One thing this person did was to collect and save all the change he found during a year. So I decided this is more of an experiment than a resolution, and having a specific time frame for any experiment is good.
I'm going to try it, I wonder how much I'll find. I'm not going to count change found in my house or car, just change found in public places. I'm guessing less than $20.
2. I will keep my Creativity caffeinated by daily reading/looking at/web searching things I find inspiring. This isn't a regular resolution, but since it's something I've found myself forgetting to do sometimes, and since it's the new year, I'll make it a resolution.

Here are a few of the things/places that inspire my creative juices:

*Bead and Button Magazine, I've got a big stack of these mags on the bookshelf next to my bed, so I can always browse through one before falling asleep.
*Art for Housewives, I could just get lost here. There are always so many fantastic links, so many inspiring ideas. Don't let the name fool you, it's Art for everyone!
Those are the big two. Also of interest:
*I recently found these wonderful collages by Jason Mercier on Everlasting Blort.
*I always have a Mustard Museum catalog handy. I love mustard, which is how I found this one, but I'm inspired by the story of how the museum got started. The curator named his house mustard Slimm & Nunne, because that was what a short-sighted banker told him his chances were of making a business out of selling only mustards. Ahh, the inspiring perseverence of mustard!

What are yours??

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home