Technicolor Day

Friday, September 5

More on "trash" as Art
There's a house here in town that used to have the coolest odd artwork all over the yard.
They had all sorts of sculpture just everywhere, and it appeared to be mostly made from used things. I remember bike parts and doll parts. Hubcaps, I think, and all sorts of plastic stuff, melted into different shapes. Short statues, stuff attached to the house, a couple pretty big things. Maybe even stuff hanging from the trees. I'll bet the inside of the house was all done up, too. I thought it was very cool, but it was the kind of stuff that not everyone would be able to appreciate.
All the art disappeared a while back, maybe a year ago? I don't know for sure.
I'm hoping the artist moved, and wasn't asked by neighbors or the city to take the art down.

When something is in public, who gets to decide just what is art and what is not?

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home