Technicolor Day

Thursday, September 4

Art supplies or Trash?
I save things. Sometimes. When there's a good reason. Like creating art.
Things like colored wire, store display items, old paints, outgrown toys, and sometimes, broken furnature.
The colored wire is staying, it's very useful and artistic. The rest of the stuff is on probation.
The huge console TV in the basement that if I removed all the guts and painted it funky colors, would be an awsome fish tank holder, bookcase (with a note of irony), or just a TV stand with the hole where the old TV used to be becoming storage for the DVD player, and game systems. Still sounds like a great idea. Will I ever get it done? I can't say. I hope so.
Now the broken chair with no legs, I thought just the back and seat would make a cool-looking shelf. But it's sat on my kitchen floor for over a month, and I don't think it would really work as well as I thought as a shelf.
Today being trash day, I was finally prompted to make a decision about the chair, the quadruple amputee. I have to admit, I kicked it to the curb with the rest of the trash.
Though, on my way back into the house, I glanced at our little squirrel feeder on the tree, and thought maybe the chair could feed a whole family of squirrels. Hmmmm, that's a thought. I'd better go see if the trash was picked up yet.
;)

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home