Technicolor Day

Sunday, July 17

The Big Project

Now that the blog is pretty again, I can get back to the goal of blogging more often. Besides template turn-off, these last several weeks I have also been in the middle of "The Big Project" (tm).
The Big Project included going through the storage section of the basement, and getting rid of things, in order to turn that part of the basement into a bedroom area, and get things out of the pay-as-you-store storage shed. So getting rid of some stuff to make room for other stuff. Heh.
The task seemed overwhelming at first. One of those I-don't-know-where-to-start things, but doing a chunk at a time got it all done. Finally. Tuesday was "moving day" with help from family, and a trailer to load. We had specific goals of what had to get moved, and hoped to get it all moved, and viola! we got it all moved. Of course, that night the living room was full of boxes, but at least the storage shed was empty. We have subsequently gotten all the boxes taken care of, and the living room is once more, well, livable. The basement is nice, the bedroom area met with approval of the sleepees, and the house feels more settled now.
Of course, there is still the bookshelf and other areas, more boxes will be going to the thrift store soon. But finishing The Big Project has given me inspiration, actually. I am inspired for one, to get the house completely organized, get things flung, to use the Fly Paper Lady (as she is known in our house) would say.
But even more, I'm thinking of doing a big push of getting art projects done, as in for the online store. Some of my on-line craft store heros have written about staying up all night to get stuff finished for their stores. Hmmmm. I know the three kinds of things I'm starting with, and I've decided I can't open the store unless I have at least five of each. Plus, the re-vamp of the website. I think I need to come up with a deadline to open the store. Then I can have "The Big Store Project" (tm). Hmm, what kind of deadline is workable? That's the pondering for today.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home