Technicolor Day

Wednesday, May 25

Creativity and Procrastination

For reasons that are not important to the point of the story, I have to make a pair of earrings tonight.
HAVE TO.
TONIGHT.
This got me to thinking about procrastination, or at least got me thinking that sometime soon I should start thinking about procrastination. ;p
I remember in high school and college, when I took art classes, just like any other class, I had a tendency to procrastinate. All of us do, right? But I did often wonder if there was a marked difference between putting off studying for a test, forcing an all night study session, and putting off a creative endevor.
Does the pressure of finishing help or hinder?
And on the other hand, with no classes to finish projects for, I don't have deadlines on most projects, and often projects go a long time without being finished, so maybe deadlines help.

1 comment(s):

I was just looking into that question. They say that putting it off doesn't make you any better, but it can make it more thrilling.

By Blogger "ME" Liz Strauss, at 10:20 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home