Technicolor Day

Monday, March 8

The Door Project
I don't think my friend J has yet read my blog, so I'm safe posting this before she's recieved her gift, but J, if you actually are reading this, stop now or you'll spoil the surprise.
The story of the door:
I was getting ready to paint a shadowbox shelf that I had bought like three years ago (as part of my DO-it-or-fling-it sorting out my project junk project), and I cut off the top flap. Which looked just like a door.
Hmmmm...
So this turned into a door wall hanging project. And do you know what it needed? The Perfect Quote! I searched for 'quotes door' and found a great Joseph Campbell 'following your bliss' quote, and I knew the project was meant for my friend J!
Trips to the store for drill bits for the Dremel, and tracing paper, and several experiments with lining up the word right, and it turned out pretty nice.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home