Technicolor Day

Wednesday, November 19

Talkin' Turkey
Sunday I left The Food Network turned on in the background part of the afternoon. Ideas for Thanksgiving, and those wonderful sugar sculptures. I had to try melting sugar for myself, it was very interesting to watch it go from little granulars to clumps to lumpy almost-liquid to actual liquid. I did leave it on the heat a tad too long but it was just an experiment, so no big deal.
I played with what to do with it when it's hot, and I came up with a new candy sensation. I poured the liquid sugar over frozen cranberries, and now have some funny cranberry candies. I think this recipe can be perfected, but I probably won't play with sugar again until after Turkey Day. I'm hosting, so have a few things to do, decide exactly how to cook the turkey. One Food TV person put lemons inside the turkey, another put bacon on the turkey. Lots of ideas.
One Thanksgiving weird favorite is one I heard on NPR several years ago. Try it-I dare you!. Cranberry Relish

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home