Technicolor Day

Sunday, May 11

Happy Mother's Day
For mother's day, I took my boys to the Omaha Zoo. We saw the new desert, and the nocturnal exhibit, but the best part was the aquarium. The colors of the fish and plant that live in the ocean are amazing. One shrimp was blue, and purple, green and orange, with pink and black on it's tail. Just fantastic.
This guy looks like some sea plant floating around. It's actually very much like a sea horse. And the Jelly Fish are too cool. They have a hundred or so in a 5 ft diameter column, you can get so close to them, you can almost touch them. And of course, the PENGUINS! I could watch them for hours. They're so social, they'd come up and make friends with the zookeepers who came in to feed them.
My kids are at a good age (10 & 12) where they are old enough to be fairly independent (no taking any little boy in the girls bathroom with me anymore) and a lot of fun to go places with, and still young enough to still be willing to be seen in public with me.
A good mother's day at our house, I hope it was at yours, too.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home